Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CHANGE IN PLANS

Dec. 2 - Bozeman, MT - Freestyle Sprint - CANCELED

Dec. 6-7 - Soldier Hollow, UT - Classic Sprint and 10/15km F - CANCELED

Just added to the NRL:
Dec. 6-7 - Vernon, BC - NorAm event - Sprint F, 10/15km Classic *

*Must have a valid FIS license to be scored to the USSA list.

That is the the latest from Jonh Farra, mac-daddy of the USST. I am not sure of his title, but he is the new Luke Bodensteiner so he has the first and last say when it comes to these kinds of things.

_______________

So that is the word on current race schedules. The SV ODT is in Silver Star now, after a long drive spread over two days. We skied this morning on the Silver Star side and although it was thin down low, up top was excellent. A bit windy, but cold with new snow from last night (about an inch or so). The Sovereign Lake trails (race venue) are in similar condition. Good cover, but thin. Careful on your race skis for a few rocks but good enough to hold races for sure. APU is on their way, XC Oregon, Salomon Factory, CXC, US Ski Team and all the Canadians you can shake a stick at are here. Races and points will be good, game on.

Headed to Whistler next (if they get snow). It doesn't look likely at the moment but first things first.

On a personal front, I didn't get through last weekend's races as well as I could have. I might have upset one of the discs in my spine although I have yet to see a doctor about it. Currently I am unable to find a position that does not hurt and it looks like racing for me this weekend is out of the question. Fortunately a teammate of mine is an ER surgeon. He is going to take a look at me tonight. Cross your fingers and stay tuned. Hoping for some good news to post tomorrow!

No comments: