Friday, December 19, 2008

BACK IN THE GAME...

Good afternoon sports fans. This is an especially sweet day for me. It snowed about 8 inches last night and I get to go ski!!!

I realize, that for a professional skier, this shouldn’t be a day different than any other. After injuring my back in West Yellowstone however, I took the better part of 3 weeks off to heal. Today is day 3, back on the horse. My workouts have been around 45 minutes (an hour less than average) but I will take anything I can get at this point.

Still awaiting the verdict on Nationals. I will have to see how big of a hole, 3 weeks off has dug and try to climb at least part way out. Stay tuned, x-ray pictures to come!


'My' 5th graders, hyped on sugar after decorating gingerbread houses!

3 comments:

Brian Gregg said...

Hey Kate,
It is good to hear that you are skis and that your back is doing better. I really like the "where am I" gadget on your website and was curious if you could direct me to the link so I could add one to my blog. Merry Christmas, Brian

Kate Whitcomb said...

Hi Brian,

Merry Christmas, Holidays and New Year back. I am old-school (aka not so savvy when it comes to computers)so that is not a gadget but an old fashion jpg that I created on Photoshop. I just make an addition in yellow each time I move - If you find an easier way, please, let me know!

See you in AK soon!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kate,
I was hoping there was a way to do it automatically. I think the map is pretty cool and will put one on my site soon. I will let you know if I find a gadget that does the work. See you in Anchorage.