Thursday, January 8, 2009

28 DEGREES

...that is the temperature for tomorrow in Sun Valley - and I am going to be there!

I would be lying if I said it was easy to watch everyone race (or at least try to) all week. To watch warm-ups and finishes, team selections and victories - from the bench.

I am happy for them, but it does not mean I can't feel sad for me (just for a second).

I am not World Cup bound this year, but I get to head home and continue my training. There will be a time, and it will be this year, when I ski to my potential.

the stadium under lamp-light: classic sprint heats

the BC World Cup team (click on image for full size)

men's heat, heading under the bridge

another men's heat, lead by Mikey Sinnott, after the bridge

Sun Valley junior, Miles Havlick, skiing with the USST in his heat

Nicole DeYong, finishing up her qualification round

Colin Rodgers, taking his prelim out strong

Chris Freeman, qualification round (just out of the start)

That is all from Alaska folks. Hopefully when we are in Fairbanks this spring, the temperatures will be slightly warmer. Okay, who am I kidding - I am hoping for at least 30 degrees warmer!

Congratulations to all who made their goals and a HUGE THANKS to the volunteers and race organizers!