Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WINTER PREPARATION


I leave for my first races (West Yellowstone, MT) in two days. Like everyone else, I try to get ready for the start of the season before it gets down to the last minute.

Things like hot-boxing skis and eating all of the random perishables in my kitchen - unpacking gloves and hats, long underwear and putting away things like shorts and roller skis. On my list was also to de-rust my trusty Subaru Justy (shown above). A stitch in time, right...

Once I leave home on Saturday, I won't be back until mid-December (4-weeks of travel). My pre-holiday schedule looks something like this:


Nov 28, West Yellowstone 10k classic
Nov 29, West Yellowstone 5k freestyle
Dec 2, Bozeman, MT freestyle sprint
Dec 6, SoHo, UT classic sprint
Dec 7, SoHo, UT 10k freestyle
Dec 12, Whistler Olympic Park 10k
Dec 13, Whistler Olympic Park CL sprint
Dec 14, Whistler Olympic Park pursuit


There is a good chance that I won't do all 8 (in just 17 days). I have discussed skipping the Bozeman sprint but it all comes down to how the West Yellowstone races go.

I am feeling stong and ready. My homework is done and its almost time to hand it in. My current week looks something like this:

Mon - CL sprint simulation
recovery spin
Tues - Competition prep strentgh
45 min swim
Wed - uphill running time trial
recovery spin
Thurs - run with speeds
comp prep strength
Fri - L3 3x20 min roll intervals
recovery swim
Sat - drive to West Yellowstone
recovery jog
Sun - easy classic with speeds
easy freestyle

The season is almost here - hopefully the snow is on its way to West Yellowstone too! Check back for trail updates as early as Saturday night.

No comments: