Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TOUR OF THE TOWN TREADS

What the Sun Valley ODT did after we voted...

I had a 2-hour run scheduled this morning and a 2-hour roller ski this afternoon...

The workouts were swapped so I could ski in the am, MINUS THE ROLLERS!!!

That is right folks, there is snow in Ketchum and over 8-inches up at Galena! The Boulder Mountain Tour trail was groomed this morning and the skiing was crazy good. After a wonderful 2-hour skate, I can only look forward to a classic ski in the morning.

I am still getting a grip on the new time-change, however. My afternoon run ended up an evening run and fyi, it is already pitch black here by 6pm in the mountains of Mountain time. I made up a new running course to accommodate the snowy trails, icy roads and darkness everywhere - I did a tour of town treadmills.

I don’t know about you, but I hate running on a treadmill. I get bored before I even get the speed up to 6. I knew the chance of getting my hour and a half run in on a treadmill was slim to none and that running outside was treacherous, so… I ran the 10-minutes from my house to the YMCA and ran on their mill until I was bored. I then ran to High Altitude Fitness and ran on their treadmill for 20-minutes before running to Zenergy, another gym here in Ketchum and jumped on one of their TV equipped treadmills… and then I ran home.

I receive a few strange looks, especially when I didn’t stop to talk to folks, but I got in my run without falling, freezing, getting lost in the woods or bored to death. A good day and just over 3-weeks to the first race! Game on, are you ready?

1 comment:

Gabriel Jennings said...

You are a very beautiful person Kate, and extraordinary photographer and original mind.There are a few prints I would like to order (the one of the skiboot sculpture salon, and running in the mist) Though I must say you leave the rest of us thinking our blogs are, well, a bit dry compared to yours.

Thanks for setting a high standard.

--Gabe Jennings