Thursday, November 13, 2008

RUN

Girls on the Run - a preteen gang that meets after school during the fall and spring to learn about growing up healthy. We focus on self-esteem and goal-setting as well as physical, mental and emotional strength (among others) while using running as a vehicle.

I was one of the Girls on the Run coaches this fall and wanted to do an update about it before winter got on its way.

It is 65 degrees in Ketchum right now, full sun with a slight breeze; the perfect conditions to run! Nursing a twisted foot from balance drills at the gym, I am unable to take advantage of such a day but wanted to post a running update for those of you out there capable.

a typical scene during our after-school meetings

stretching, prior to the 5k

The final meeting of our Girls on the Run fall group was at a 5k running race. Over the course of the program, each girl worked towards this final goal and all who showed, completed the entire course. Congratulations girls!

one of the boys who ran

Although there are no boys in Girls on the Run program, some do participate in the final 5k.

I look forward to coaching again for Girls on the Run in the spring, as well as healing myself enough to run again soon. For those out there running today, put in a few strides for me. Off to my Ketchum PT, John Koth for my diagnosis...

No comments: