Monday, June 23, 2008

Trying Triathalon

This past Saturday, I headed up to Redfish Lake and entered my first triathlon. I did the sprint length (500m swim, 20mile bike and 5k run) and let me tell you, a lot of gear is needed to do one of these things...

Wet-suit, goggles, a bike, 2-pair of shoes, a helmet...not to mention all of the water bottles and what-not, piles of stuff everywhere...piles of everyone else's stuff everywhere...it was crazy...and I loved it.

I was in mountain bike shoes on a road bike, I swam in my surf wet-suit, biked in a sport-bra, ran in a bike jersey, forgot my number on the run...I was a mess and smiling like a fool the whole time.

Have you ever tried to run after being on a bike? ...try it - it's funny.

My friend Crist was kind enough to postpone his morning to take the reins on my flip video and document my swim and start of the bike...thanks man!

I finished in 3rd place out of 66 (1st female) with a time of 1:10:46 Full Results and now I am hooked. I have got to give props to my ITA teammate Sarah Groff for doing what she does.

Also shown in the video below - last week's Wednesday night Road & Dirt short-track bike race held in Hailey, ID. I do the 20-minute sport race for now but hope to move up with the big-dogs once I win the little sucker!


audio: Wyclef Jean featuring The Rock & Melky Sedeck - It Doesn't Matter

1 comment:

Kate Whitcomb said...

Apologies to Crist (not Christ)...my bad.