Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home again, Home again...

Back in K-town and Summer has finally showed up. The wild flowers are going OFF, and the dirt is PERFECT on the single-track! This is going to be a great training block.

I have an easy week to get back to routine with 14 hours, 1 set of intervals and a few fun races. Check back for the report on my first triathlon!

Shown below, one of our final workouts in Bend. We woke up early to hit the crust out around Broken Top mountain (9,152'). Visible in one of the pans are Middle and North Sisters, Washington, Jefferson and maybe Mt. Hood...we could see it that day but I am not sure if it made it into the shot.





Also pictured was my first run here in Ketchum since my return. I had envisioned more but my tri-pod broke on the first set-up and the batteries ran out soon after. I guess that is what I get for paying 99 cents on eBay.

Thanks to Vasque for the kicks, I am loving them! Thanks also to Danny and Michelle for letting the team use their car for our entire time in Bend! Gas is expensive - it was nice not to have to take the 15 passenger van all of the time. If you are in Bend, check out their store (my old place of employment), Pine Mountain Sports and say hi for me.

No comments: