Friday, June 13, 2008

Maverick's

I once believed that skiers were some of the more able-bodied group around. The Sun Valley ODT team watched a gang of kids trying to ride an artificial wave, here in Sun River, OR the other day and were all – “these guys are terrible,” and “this can’t be that hard.” We were fired up for our day off to prove our coordination.

Flip video w/ mini tripod (eBay, 99⊄) in tow, I was anticipating a sweet video.

After 2 hours, a bit of whiplash, some bruises, raspberries and broken egos we headed home with 2 hours worth of footage. The only shots that aren’t bloopers are of the kids that aren’t us…

Here she is, condensed to just over 2 minutes...



“I would be way better if I wasn’t so bad.”
“You just have to find the rhythm that doesn’t make you fall”
“I was psyched that one time you didn’t fall, but then you fell.”
“I felt like I was up for a lot longer…”

Tomorrow will feel great when we do something we are good at...ski!

*audio = forgive me, 4th diciple

No comments: