Sunday, December 30, 2007

On the Ground

Going to bed last night gave me one of those experiences where you blink and it is time to get up. My bed was still perfectly made with the sheets all tucked in as if I had just lain down - except that 12 hours had passed…

We arrived into the Houghton, Michigan for US National Championships at 2am on Saturday morning after sitting on the runway in Minneapolis through an entire US magazine (supposed to entertain me the entire flight). Upon arrival at our final destination, we realized that our bags hadn’t made the weight restrictions...15 duffel bags had been left in Minnesota. That is the trouble with flying into little airports with a big ski team. I am still wearing the shirt that I flew in, slept in and skied in twice…it feels good to be back on the road.I have learned after years of travel and numerous accounts of slow luggage arrival, to pack certain things in my carry-on. Add athletic sunglasses to the list for next time. Blue aviators aren’t exactly ideal for skiing - although neither is a 3 quarter sleeve, cotton shirt with a scoop neck and bow…always learning.

The first race is on Tuesday and our bags are rumored to be in a van, headed our way, 3 hours south…all fingers are crossed.

Stay tuned, clothes are coming and races are around the corner...

No comments: