Thursday, May 8, 2008

MAY 8TH: STILL SKIING

The snow is still holding strong and we have yet to get rained on (knocking on wood as I type)! As you will see in the video, the venue is pretty sweet with some great terrain. This is the 2010 Olympic venue and we are skiing on the trails and courses that will be used for the Vancouver Games. Pretty cool to think about!

I caught and released a bird and a mouse, on separate occasions today from one of the wax rooms. I felt like Snow White. I don’t know that I have ever held a wild bird in my hands before – it was so little and light. I don’t know what kind it was other than small and gray with a little yellow on his head…just the cutest little sucker. I wish I had video of the little guy.


*music overlay: Lily Allen

The double pole video is from a sprint TT that the boys (USST and SV) did on Monday. My flip ran out of batteries (after lasting through the first 4 videos!) which is why there is not footage of the heats…sorry.

New faces on the team this year include Travis Jones (TJ), our new coach and Willie Neil (Princesa), the newest post-graduate and future Midd-kid.

Welcome to both - I love you already!

No comments: