Monday, February 2, 2009

MAKING MEDIA

My 5th graders made the Alpina dealer's catalog for 2009!

Dorcas Wonsavage, my Alpina rep and friend from back east, is great about sending stickers and tattoos for the students. I make sure to take lots of pictures and have parents sign photo release forms at the beginning of each year. Apparently the release forms were a good idea because they are now in a National Magazine (cover shown above)!

The elementary school has started their winter ski and board program on Friday's. The entire school goes skiing each week and since I am home, I get to go too.

My back has healed to the point of being able to ski freestyle although classic is still out of the question. The smallest thing can still set it off though, so I continue to be very careful about my daily activities.

With the increase of certain activities (skating, swimming, spinning) and the omition of others (running, classic skiing) my body is under a lot of stress. Skiing freestyle everyday really takes it out of my legs, where as swimming has pretty much shot my shoulders and rotator cuffs. I can't stand to be on my trainer for more than a few hours at a time - and ability to do strength is limited. My body is in desparate need of some varitey.
Robbie Durtschi, getting in some ks during our afternoon jaunt

Congratulations to teammates both abroad and stateside. I hope to be mixing it up with you guys come March.

No comments: