Wednesday, April 9, 2008

CLEANSE

I mentioned that I was going on a cleanse in a previous update. This is still true and I am 48 hours in, shooting for 72...and I am not hungry yet. A silly thing, a trendy thing, an pointless thing to do - maybe all of these things, but here I am.

Human slalom from Saturday's race

This is the deal: I can have straight peppermint tea (no sugar/cream) in the morning and evening if I want it. The problem with tea, is that it doesn't taste very good. In fact, I usually just go for hot water with honey and cream (I typically skip the tea all together). Needless to say, I am not that psyched to wake up to tea.

I am also allowed to have water with lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper throughout the day. This little concoctions is one of the best tasting beverages I have ever had. I realize that this drink is to me, what dinner is to a hungry camper - it tastes wonderful because the opinion is coming from a truly hungry person - but for real, this little cocktail is really good.

That is it. I basically drink lemonade for 3 days. Sweet. Day one, I didn't get hungry once. I wanted to eat plenty of times, but I was never actually hungry. It made me wonder how many times I put things in my mouth because I am bored or because it is time to eat. I went to an hour and a half hot yoga class in the evening and figured I would be light-headed or maybe pass out...nope. I was fine.

Day two. I think that I have been taking for granted how good things taste. A sub called The Leftover, from the local subshack (again, this coming from a hungry camper) would taste so good right now! I wonder if I appreciated the last one I had enough. It is 8pm on day two, and I am just starting to get hungry. I went for a 40 minute jog today and felt fairly normal.

I rented a movie for tonight since all of my friends are out taking advantage of the 2-for-1 deals that the restaurants offer during slack. Maybe I picked the wrong time to do this...

If the hype is true, this little 3-day pain-cave will flush my body of toxins and get me ready to start fresh. Ideally some of my food allergies will be eliminated and my immune system will be energized. All of that for a reduced grocery bill this week - of course I signed up!

Best of luck with spring goals everyone!

No comments: