Tuesday, January 1, 2008

5/10k Freestyle

It was not because of lack of support! See left, coach Chris Hall of our Fischer-Craft team with about half of the team's skis. Classic skis have yet to migrate from our hotel rooms to the wax trailer...that will happen in the morning.

Today didn't go as I had hoped. My legs were heavy and were not recovering - I did not have any snap in my body and I was pretty flat all around. On top of skiing heavy, I skied like a maniac. I was all over the place, out of control and gangly - which is not fast. I ended up 27th, a huge disappointment for what I had hoped. I have it in me, now I just have to find it and haul it out.

The second I crossed the line, I started focusing on Thursday's 10k classic race. I had my sport BAR in my water bottle holder that I had down by the time I reached the wax trailer (about a 15 second walk). I changed my shirt and polished off a Nalgene full of sport drink. I changed my shoes and went for a 20 minute jog. After waxing my skis, I drove the team home and started filling the tub...with cold water...and then I added 4 trashcans full of ice from the hall machine and got in...

My legs were flat - and then they were cold. Frozen, in fact, for 20 minutes before I got into the hot tub... This is called contrast bathing, and it is one of the most painful things that I have ever voluntarily done. I had to call my father for the first 20 in the ice (note the cell phone in my left hand) to get me through it (thanks Dad). I rotated three times, starting and ending with the cold. It was terrible, but my legs feel better already. Well, they have started to FEEL again, but the better will come.

Partial results below - Full results from today, as well as future results for the rest of the week, click HERE

THE WOMEN:

1. Compton
2. Stephen
3. Camenisch
4. Mannix
5. Dehlin
6. Bjornsen
7. Arritola, Sun Valley
8. Valaas, for Laura's blog, click -> ITA
9. Bailly
10. Randall
11. De Yong, for Nicole's blog, click -> Fischer-Craft/Sun Valley

THE MEN:

1. Babikov
2. Zimmermann
3. Freeman, K
4. Kuzzy, Middlebury Graduate
5. Korthauer
6. Flora
7. Osgood, for Brayton's blog, click -> Fischer-Craft
8. Hoffman, Sun Valley JUNIOR!!!
9. Golovko
10. Freeman, J
11. Bauer
12. Simons, for Zack's blog, click -> ITA

No comments: