Tuesday, July 13, 2010

GRASS STAINS AND SPLINTERS

Worthington, MA - I am at my folks house this week (sleeping a lot, playing in the woods and getting some dirt under my fingernails). I rehung the rope swing and got a few new calluses from putting it to good use with Lindsey (in the purple).

It has not been ALL fun and games though - I had a job interview, and have another scheduled for tomorrow. Okay, it HAS been all fun and games. It is very exciting, thinking of what you want to be when you grow up. It is even more exciting when you realize you are about to start doing it and in fact, don't have to grow up at all!

Who said you have to stop climbing trees and playing in the brook when you turn 30? I hope nobody, because I am not giving it up in 3 months!

My health continues to improve and I look forward to training again in August. Here is to living it up. Every. Single. Day.

Hanging the rope

2 comments:

Mustafa Abdur-Rahim said...

Honestly, rope swings take me back to my college days and I loved my college days! I love rope swings b/c they are all different and all fun. I am hoping to do something like that soon or if that doesn't work then i'll just have to settle for a tree house. What is this Lululemon thing, an online retail store? Hojo (sp?) comes to mind when i see you doing that. Its a native american word meaning balance. I think as an athlete the combination of things in your life in addition to your sport create balance, a balance which is essential. But only you know what that means or consist of. I just realized that you might end up reading my blog... ugh... sorry. If you see my blog you will have to check back again on a later date ok. it will be so much more exciting in a little bit when i get things figured out with my video and pictures i promise...

Torin Koos said...

Kate, I'm digging that rope swing action. Now that I'm up in the north country there's a rope swing we hit a couple times a week in the afternoon. Nothing quite like it. Apparently the local toughs get a running start, jump atop the road embankment, do some serious soaring through the air, catch the rope, then finish the ride with a backflip into the refreshing waters of Patterson Lake. Good stuff, I tell ya. Perhaps I'll see you sooner than Spring Series.