Monday, January 18, 2010

VERTICAL

My computer hard drive broke and I lost everything. Ever picture since moving to Idaho, every video, all of my music. I will chalk it up to an involuntary and early, yet probably necessary spring cleaning. It is what it is, so I won't dwell.

I did find two images from Fast and Female on my camera, so I guess I can't say that I don't have ANY images left.

Kikkan (shown below with the mic and pink head-band) put together a great day of skiing for over 300 Alaskan girls! I was lucky enough to be asked to help coach for the day and played tunnel tag for 2 hours, as the Fast and Female groups rotated through my station.

Kikkan, leading a post-ski Q&A

This is what PART of the gang looked like!

My season goals have changed. I did not make the Olympics or the Canadian world cups. With my best Super Tour finish being a 5th and National finish a 7th, it seems I did not have enough time after injury to recover fitness to the level necessary to attain my original goals. All is not lost, however. I have a full marathon season ahead, a local Nordic Festival in Ketchum and the chance to get up on the alpine hill a few days in the sun.

Still one of the luckiest kids in the world,
`Kate


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I recall seeing a picture with you in a nurse outfit at my house. I'll see if I can track it down and send it to you. hang in there.

Muffy Ritz said...

Hey kate,

Sorry to hear no Olympic Team. Now will you be coming to the Birkie? Mike Wolter, myself and other Ketchumites are entering the Birkie Team competition. You should join us- I'll tell you about it later. The Vamps are looking forward to your return!

Unknown said...

Love you kake! Bro #1