Wednesday, October 14, 2009

THE LAST 4

Childhood bedroom, Worthington, MA - From intervals and lots of good food in Placid to easy running and story telling in Virginia (good food there too!) the last 4 weeks have contained lots of training, travel and laughs.

Starting with a week at my folks place in Worthington, MA, I jumped into a 5k running race with my dad. Some good sleep and sea-level interval training rounded out my first week.

Lake Placid brought some cooler weather and overcast. Nicole and I finished a distance run in sleet and rain and the group skied a section of the time trial in heavy wind and a bit of precipitation but we had dry pavement and good visibility during the roller ski workouts that involved highway skiing (which is when it is most needed).

I then shot down to VA to catch up with come college girl-friends. Thanks for putting us up and putting up with us Laura! Thanks for traveling with me Brie-Brie. I love you girls! Spring break in Idaho?

Now I am home, about to get a turkey sandwich for lunch, delivered bedside (thanks Dad) before heading out to do some specific strength on my roller skis (if you have not noticed, I love run-on sentences). Then it is back to Idaho for the final push before the first races.

The snow has already flown (my 5th graders had a snow day last week) but I won't put my roller skis away just yet. I hope everyone is enjoying the fall colors!

Afternoon hike with the girls (Brie, Kate, Laura), somewhere in VA

LP camp, headed out to ski - the sun joined us in the end

Easy f-roll sunflower ski, Worthington, MA

No comments: