Sunday, June 21, 2009

RUNNING, RACING & MUSHROOMS

I worked for 8 hours on Friday night, cocktailing in heels and a dress. I got off work at 1am and was packed and asleep by 2. After 4 hours of being dead to the world, I was up and running again. I headed north, to Stanley, for my second triathlon.

After having some beginners luck in last year's sprint, I decided to do the full Olympic distance.

The water temp was 52, as was the air. There were 51 kilometers to race and a light rain. I ended up 17th over all (3rd female) and my back survived a FREEZING cold 40k bike so I am thrilled.

My swim is my Achilles; something I will have to work on for next year. Thanks to teammate Sarah Groff for the wetsuit, I stayed warm during the first leg. Heat was not an issue however, it was pace. The 2nd place female beat me in the swim by over 6 minutes!

1 Trish Deim 2:19:59
2 Ashley Crawford 2:30:28
3 Kate Whitcomb 2:33:55

Thanks for all who offered advice and equipment! Each year I get things figured out a bit more. I had aero bars, a real wetsuit, zip ties for my shoes and endless advice from friends around the nation. You know who you are - thank you!

For full results: click here

In other news: I have gone on some great runs lately and our Harper's time trial is tomorrow (Monday, June 22nd). I am extremely sore from yesterday's effort but hope to get a PR regardless. Stay tuned.

Roommate, Monkey and Cmall, hit a burn section on our Pio Cabin run last week.

Miles, checking for Morel mushrooms (top secret location)!

Some little guys, making their place in the world. No morels yet...

No comments: